Amending sent survey photos in Survey123

05-15-2020 12:22 AM
Jeff_VanEtten
Occasional Contributor

Good morning all.  I am trying to amend a photo (replace with a better one) of a survey that was sent using Survey123.  The user tried to do this in the sent items, but was unsuccessful in amending this (this option was not available).  The inbox would not let them do this either, even though the picture was inside a repeat.

I found this documentation here: Edit tables—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation  but this appears to be more generic for any attribute table.

I ended up going on AGOL and finding the attachments table. copied the file name. deleted the image. added the new image with the old name.  this seemed to work as it was in the correct spot, however when I went into Survey123.arcgis.com site, the image was not displayed.  This leads me to believe there is some additional spot that needs updating for this to be picked up.  Any suggestions on how this is done?  

Would also be great to add this functionality in the app itself as our surveyors normally QC their work once home that they submitted.  Currently they can amend everything except photos. 

I have attempted to follow this guidance here in designing the survey 

Prepare for editing existing survey data—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

So have used the bind::esri:parameters column with the following:

query allowUpdates=true

Do I need to add allowAdds=true to this parameter also?

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff Van Etten
Head of GIS
Tetra Tech Ltd
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jeff,

What you tried to achieve is currently an existing enhancement request to be able to access to the attachment with a submitted survey:

ENH-000117061 Request to have the ability to access the attachments of the previously added points using Survey123 field App (Android)

I encourage you to contact Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official enhancement number for your records. Similar requests from other customers can then be attached to the same enhancement request, which helps us assess demand for the enhancement and prioritize it accordingly.