Am I the only one having issues with Survey123 Reports?

Jump to solution
07-09-2018 01:35 PM
CurtisDeVault1
New Contributor III

I setup a report template in Word and successfully exported a report a couple times. I was hoping that with v3.0 that just came out my issues would be resolved...however they remain the same. I have had one that successfully exported. The rest are just stuck at "Printing...100%", below the ones in the screenshot below are ones that have been sitting there for upwards of 4 hours. Also there are no errors that appear. In the previous version Survey123 either told me they failed or when I opened the Word document, they seemed to be corrupt and would not open. Also have not noticed any particular pattern with the fields/data. Curious to see how others have fared with this feature. Thanks!

40 Replies
Rodrigo_RafaelGuerrero_Solorio
New Contributor II

I have an issue, the report(beta) fails at the moment of print the ${field_2} geopoint.

The message is "Failed to print map for ${field_2}."

The message is the same for the custom report and for the template generated automatically .

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Rodrigo,

Can you please try again for the same sample template (generated by the website)? There was an issue when printing map in the report and now it should be fixed.

0 Kudos
StuartMoore
Occasional Contributor III

i posted this in the post about leveraging custom reports but i'll post here too:

has anyone got the map scale to work on a geopoint question, I've tried a few different scales (10, 500, 10000, 100000) and they all give me the same results which is a map zoomed out to the extent

this is the code i'm using: 

${GeoLocation | mapSettings:"70976f13778b465d888c6a4cba804ee6":10}

I've been playing around a bit and still can't get it to work but i did notice if you zoom into the overview map before running the report it doesn't change the scale which from what I've read it use too, also if i add in a size no map is generated at all

${GeoLocation | mapSettings:"70976f13778b465d888c6a4cba804ee6":10 | size:150:0}

I've also tried not providing any map ID and just a scale again i just get the map at the full extent

thanks

Stu

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for your feedback. Please see the answer here: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/07/26/introducing-custom-form-report-templates... .

Please be noticed "10" in your mapSettings means you zoom the web map to a 1:10 which is a very large scale, web map usually will output blank in such large scale, please check if it's a valid scale for your web map.

0 Kudos
StuartMoore

thanks for the reply, I've tried it at a few scales and get the same results using any scale from 10 to 15500

any ideas?

Stu

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Stuart,

Did you mean any number between 10 and 15500 will output blank result but a number which is bigger than 15500 (scale is smaller than 1:15500) can output map image as expected? Or if the web map is in ArcGIS Online, can you please share the web map here so I can test if it works as a normal web map?

Please keep in mind that currently scale cannot be used together with mapSettings, we will fix this bug in mid Dec.

0 Kudos
StuartMoore

ive not had chance to republish the survey with a default scale, but in my testing no matter what map I used the scale was always the same

I'll try again after the December updates

thanks

Stu

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the information.

Would you mind checking that if your survey was published in Survey123 Connect AND there's no default location/zoom level has been set in the Settings -> Map tab? We have confirmed a bug report from Support Service yesterday that in such circumstance, the scale set in mapSettings will not work.

0 Kudos
StuartMoore

Hi Zhifang,

yea that's correct, the survey was published from Connect and their is no default location or zoom

thanks

Stu

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for your confirmation. 

This bug will be fixed in the next update (mid Dec.), before that, explicitly set a home location/zoom level from Settings -> Map tab in Survey123 and republish the survey can use as a workaround, please make sure there's no warning message of losing data when you republish the survey.

0 Kudos