Am I the only one having issues with Survey123 Reports?

Jump to solution
07-09-2018 01:35 PM
CurtisDeVault1
New Contributor III

I setup a report template in Word and successfully exported a report a couple times. I was hoping that with v3.0 that just came out my issues would be resolved...however they remain the same. I have had one that successfully exported. The rest are just stuck at "Printing...100%", below the ones in the screenshot below are ones that have been sitting there for upwards of 4 hours. Also there are no errors that appear. In the previous version Survey123 either told me they failed or when I opened the Word document, they seemed to be corrupt and would not open. Also have not noticed any particular pattern with the fields/data. Curious to see how others have fared with this feature. Thanks!

40 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

I'm wondering if you get different results in different browsers?

0 Kudos
NPSLESES
New Contributor

Hello,

The above results were from doing it in Google Chrome. I tried it in Internet Explorer and it never got past the "Printing" message.

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi NPS LESES‌,

Based on your description, this is currently an expected behavior due to two known issues:

1.  print map failed for ... "error":{"code":500,"message":"Error performing execute operation","details":[]}} indicates that the behind printing service has reaced its concurrent limitation, trying again later should fix the issue

2. However, I have not included the map in my print template. Currently, the report engine actually prints one map for each record there's no geopoint question in the survey ( there's still 0,0 in shape column)

We are trying to improve the workflow and performance now, should have some progress in the next 3.1 release.

0 Kudos
AnuSawant
Occasional Contributor II

Philip Wilson‌ 

Hi Phil,

Have we found any solution on this? Have gone through all the replies above but cant find if this has been resolved or not.

I will be having same issue, but if I export the error records separately  then it allow me to export with no error, only if I export it as a group get the error.

Thanks,

Anu

0 Kudos
CurtisDeVault1
New Contributor III

I do not believe so. They suggest a workaround for when the report exceed 10MBs and to save it to your account. However, I have done this as well and still get some that fail on occasion. I have found that if I wait a couple hours or until the next day everything works fine on the same set of data. I think there's some limitations on Esri's end.

0 Kudos
KassandraRodriguez
Occasional Contributor

There is also an issue I'm having with the reports not printing, I don't have a geopoint question in my form.

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Anu Sawant‌, Curtis DeVault‌, Kassandra Rodriguez‌ and others who may see the similar error message, 

Just FYI, whatever the input is (single or batch records), "Save result to your account" or not, as long as you see the "print map failed for {question name} {"error":{"code":500..." error message, this means the concurrent limitation of the behind printing service is met. Trying again later may fix the issue. However, there are also some facts currently you may want to know:

• Currently, no matter if there's geopoint question in your survey (published from the web designer or Survey123 Connect), a request will be sent to the backend printing service per record. Hence, the more records you include in one request, the more easier you will see above error message
  • If the generated report exceeds 10MB and you didn't choose to "Save result to your account", you will see the "{"message": "Internal server error"}" error message. This is an independent limitation to the above one, which means you can only see this error after the report has been successfully generated.
  • We are working on both of issues for 3.1 release (planned in mid of October), please staty tuned to our blog
AnuSawant
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Zhifang,

Thanks for further describing the problem. Looking forward to see the issue resolved and also some more exciting stuff in new release .

So far I have found the work around which is bit tedious  but its allowing me to export .

Another question is are you guys planning to change the printing limit currently we can only export 30 records at a time is there any chance of changing it to more .

Thanks,

Anu

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Anu Sawant‌,

Yes, we are working to improve the stability and performance of the feature report service. As long as we see it's feasible, the max allowed records count in one request will be increased, but probably not in the next 3.1 release.

CurtisDeVault1
New Contributor III

Zhifang Wang‌, yes thank you for summarizing the issues described. I think it'll really help as others find this post. For the time being I'm going to mark that post as correct. Thanks!

0 Kudos