Adding More Than One Point To Map in Survey 123

03-30-2022 03:15 PM
Lauren16
New Contributor

Hi, I want to use Survey 123 for a public outreach meeting (transportation project). It needs to have the ability for meeting participants to add multiple points on a map (potential bus stop locations). I created a Field Map app that allows this and was hoping to link it to my Survey 123 form since the Survey 123 map only allows one point.

Has anyone done what I am describing above? Can people attending a meeting use Survey 123 and Field Maps without downloading the Field Map app on their phone? 

Any other ideas for dropping multiple points on a map? 

Thanks!

6 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Just create a repeat with a geopoint in there.  Field Maps cannot be used for free or public so you may want to go all 123.  You could also go all web based and skip that apps.  May get more public buy in that way.  Hope that helps.

Lauren16
New Contributor

Hi, Thank you for your response. Follow up question -- if I use a repeat, does it open up additional maps? I am hoping to collect multiple points on the same map. 

Also, can you explain what you mean by going web based and skipping the apps? 

Thank you again.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Not really sure what you mean by multiple maps.  You can put as many layers onto one map as you want.  All forms have a web based form or a app based form.  Just build it and see is the best way.  Good luck

0 Kudos
KarolinaLubowiecka
New Contributor

Hi, so did you manage to create a map-based question in Survey123 so that respondents can pinpoint more than only one point on a map? I am currently working on the same thing as you and not sure how to do it. 

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Create a repeat and put a geopoint inside of it.  Then they can collect multiple points.  It really is about the only way.  Works well though.

0 Kudos
CMPDDGIS
New Contributor III

I'm currently looking for this solution as well.

0 Kudos