Adding hidden fields into a single group

Jump to solution
06-08-2021 07:18 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey all, 

I am wanting to collect a few basic fields at the beginning of my surveys: username, start, end, and email.

Thought it may be easier to add a 'begin group/end group' to these, and label the group as "conductor details".

Have run into the below issue:

b'ODK Validate Errors:\nGroup has no children! Group: ${conduct_details}.

I am aware if I un-group them the issue disappears... But is it possible to group a range of hidden fields?

Cheers,

Taylor

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UriGilad_EsriAu
Esri Contributor

Hi Taylor,

Grouping determines the appearance of questions in the form. If the fields are hidden, why do you need them in a group? 

If you just want them to be easily located you can mark these questions with a different color in your xlsf. If you still want to group them, you'll need to add at least one visible question in the group, or maybe add them to another group that already has visible questions.

If this answer solved your question or if you found it helpful please mark it accordingly to help others who have the same question.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
UriGilad_EsriAu
Esri Contributor

Hi Taylor,

Grouping determines the appearance of questions in the form. If the fields are hidden, why do you need them in a group? 

If you just want them to be easily located you can mark these questions with a different color in your xlsf. If you still want to group them, you'll need to add at least one visible question in the group, or maybe add them to another group that already has visible questions.

If this answer solved your question or if you found it helpful please mark it accordingly to help others who have the same question.