Adding 'Accept Terms and Conditions' to a survey

01-15-2019 04:55 PM
PhiHickey
New Contributor II

Ideas required ...

I have a survey which is filled out by members of the public.  Once finished they need to read and agree to some Terms and Conditions before the data is submitted.  Simply embedding the Terms as text in the form and adding a yes/no seems to lack the required visual impact, we really want people to see them. 

To be clear, I understand the logic flow of how to present this, which is nicely described here Make a question required conditionally based on answer to previous question . The question is how to create what is essentially a popup in the middle of a survey, something that can't be ignored. 

I did think of putting the T & C text into an image (with strong borders, different background etc) that becomes visible when the last question is reached but doubt it will scale well on different screen sizes as the app is used on phones and tablets.

Has anyone tackled this problem,  how did you solve it?

Phil

2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Phil,

We have seen users implement something similar - have the terms & conditions as a note at the beginning of the form, with an 'I agree' checkbox that then reveals the rest of the form (using relevancy).  Additionally, you could make the checkbox required, forcing the user to check it in order to submit the form.  Would that work in your situation?

PhiHickey
New Contributor II

Hi Ted,

I'm not sure we could put the T & C's at the beginning as part of the form is pre-populated by a link from Collector.  However,  using a combination of relevant, note and a 'required' checkbox towards the end can still to do the job I think.  Using relevant would enable me to make a combination the note and some images appear/disappear which would I think provide the required gravitas.

Thanks for this feedback, as well as your countless other detailed and insightful posts which have helped me develop Survey123 over time.

Phil

0 Kudos