Add field to published survey error

12-25-2017 12:18 AM
AnastasiaNaymushina
New Contributor III

I'm trying to add a field to my published survey. In version 2.5.44 it should be possible without loosing data. But it returns error 400 in my case. Any ideas why?

I'm working with ArcGIS Online. Actually, I need to add a string field named Location. The publish dialog says that I need to add two fields. Why does it try to add syrveyDescriptopn field?

This is the result window:

I've tried adding fields with two different surveys - no success, error 400 in both cases.

My services were published before the latest AGOL update.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Anastasia

Can you confirm that the survey was created in the Survey123 website? There is a known issue that prevents the update of surveys originally created on the web, in Connect. This issue was introduced with the 2.5 Survey123 update.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
AnastasiaNaymushina
New Contributor III

Yes, I've created the survey in the website and then edited it in Survey 123 Connect. And this survey was created before the 2.5 Survey123 update.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

This will be the issue, it was introduced in 2.5 Connect. I'll add your details to our internal bug.

The workaround would be to manually delete the feature service view by going to the survey directory in ArcGIS.com.

Make sure that you only delete the view and not the feature service.

0 Kudos