Accessing and editing existing Survey 123 data

12-16-2016 06:47 AM
TaraNagaich
New Contributor

Once I have created a survey and initial data has been collected within the survey and submitted. How or can you access those data points when your in the field and add existing information?

For example a survey was created to mark holes at a park. GPS point, Length and Width of the hole, a picture etc is collected for that existing hole. 

Now returning to the site a month later I want to record any new holes, but will need to check if they have already been marked and then I would want to record if the hole size increased, so I may want to pull up a existing point collected and in the comments section say the new length and width.

Is this possible and if so how? 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

Tara:

How about adding your Survey123 data to a map in ArcGIS Online and saving the map in your Survey123 folder in My Content.  Then open the map in the Collector app.  Your Survey123 points and attributes (Comments field) are editable in Collector.

TaraNagaich
New Contributor

Hi Joe,

I am pretty new to this, so I am not sure how to get it in collector. I do see a folder within my content for my surveys (not sure how they even got there) but then how do you open it in collector app? 

0 Kudos
JoeFlannery

Tara:

When you Published your Survey123 survey form, a folder for the survey components was created in your ArcGIS Online account in your My Content area.  Go to your Survey123 folder in your My Content area and click the drop-down next to the Feature Layer and choose the Add layer to new map option.  Your survey points layer will be added to the map. Now Save your map.  Go back to the Collector App and look for your new survey map.

TaraNagaich
New Contributor

Thank you, I was able to do that. When I am out in the field is it best to have the collector app downloaded so you can see what points already exist so you can determine if a hole has or hasn't been marked? 

0 Kudos
JoeFlannery

Tara:

I think that there are as many field survey scenarios out there as there are field surveyors.  Each need is different.  In your case, where seeing and editing earlier collected data is useful, then, yes, having Survey123 and Collector on the mobile device is the perfect solution.  We have the ArcGIS Explorer, Collector and Survey123 apps on our mobile devices for that reason.  And, they are all Free to download and install.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tara,

FYI, Survey123 for ArcGIS v2.0 beta is now available. It supports editing existing survey data.

https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/02/24/survey123-for-arcgis-v-20-beta-available 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos