24-Hour (Military) Time

Jump to solution
03-07-2019 02:08 PM
ErikHerberg
New Contributor III

Is there any way to change the user interface design to enter time as 24-hour/Military time instead of AM/PM? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi Erik,

Just to add some background to Colin's reply, the time UI uses the locale to determine which format to use. We currently have two open enhancement requests that would enable this functionality. One to add a 24hr appearance for dateTime questions, and one to honour the device time format.

Another workaround is to change to a locale code that uses 24hr clock which works well for time question types, but this obviously impacts other question types (eg calendar language for dateTime questions etc.). Here is a link to Multiple Language Support in the doc, and I've attached a simple example just using a time question type.

Regards,

Brett

View solution in original post

13 Replies
ColinWerle1
Esri Contributor

Hi Erik,

If you are using Survey 123 connect I believe there is a configuration setting to display your date/time field in 24hr format (i.e. hh:mm:ss). Check out the highly detailed post on Dates and Time in Survey123 for ArcGIS for instructions on how to do so. If you are using the Survey 123 website or the Survey 123 field app, you should check if configuring your device date time settings to 24hr format helps display it that way as well. If you are displaying the data in ArcGIS Online from those applications you can manipulate the time display on the time field in the Configure Attributes window from the Configure Popup settings.

Best, 

Colin

BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi Erik,

Just to add some background to Colin's reply, the time UI uses the locale to determine which format to use. We currently have two open enhancement requests that would enable this functionality. One to add a 24hr appearance for dateTime questions, and one to honour the device time format.

Another workaround is to change to a locale code that uses 24hr clock which works well for time question types, but this obviously impacts other question types (eg calendar language for dateTime questions etc.). Here is a link to Multiple Language Support in the doc, and I've attached a simple example just using a time question type.

Regards,

Brett

ErikHerberg
New Contributor III

Thanks for the information Colin and Brett.

Specifically, I'm using Connect and the field type dateTime. I'm wondering if the hh:mm am/pm spinner wheel that is part of the dateTime UI can be changed to a 24 hour spinner wheel. I see that there is some flexibility with formatting the time if is just a time field, but I haven't come across information if the same is possible with dateTime. Brett, is that functionality what you are referring to when you said the following?

We currently have two open enhancement requests that would enable this functionality. One to add a 24hr appearance for dateTime questions...
0 Kudos
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi Erik,

Yes, that's the enhancement I referred to. Changing the appearance of the dateTime UI to a 24hr spinner wheel.

Brett

0 Kudos
ErikHerberg
New Contributor III

Great, thank you for confirming that!

0 Kudos
MontyBell
New Contributor II

I am also looking for a way to change the appearance of the dateTime UI, on a question set up in Suervey 123 Connect, into a 24-hour spinner wheel. Is there somewhere I can check up on the status of this enhancement? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
HaydenZavareei
New Contributor

Can you elaborate on how to do this? I can not find any information on how to change it.

0 Kudos
Hussam_AlJabri
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, any update regarding the enhancement of time format to be based on 24h?

MarcCavallaro
New Contributor III

4+ Years later,  is there any update on the 24hr time appearance enhancement?