Use of Custom Geocode in web Survey123 without loggin

04-08-2019 10:36 AM
ÉmilieLamontagne
New Contributor III

The use of a custom geocoder in the web browser without using a loggin, like it is with the Web app builde, would be really appreciated. That's great that option is available for the web and application version but only when we are loggin. We would like use a survey123 for the general population and unfortunatly the use of a loggin is not appropriate.

Thank you for considering my idea.

6 Comments
ÉmilieLamontagne

The use of a custom geocoder in the web browser without using a loggin, like it is with the Web app builde, would be really appreciated. That's great that option is available for the web and application version but only when we are loggin. We would like use a survey123 for the general population and unfortunatly the use of a loggin is not appropriate.

Thank you for considering my idea.

by Anonymous User

I would expand on this in that we would like to utilize Survey123 more for our County only, but when we publish public surveys and it uses the world geolocator, people from outside our County boundary can submit a survey. If we could limit the geographic area of a locator - either the Esri locator or by ONLY using our locator - this would make things much easier and much less confusing. I have tried various methods, like linking a web map with only our addresses, but the map in the survey still includes the Esri world geolocator when searching an address. Which again, causes confusion.

by Anonymous User

I would expand on this in that we would like to utilize Survey123 more for our County only, but when we publish public surveys and it uses the world geolocator, people from outside our County boundary can submit a survey. If we could limit the geographic area of a locator - either the Esri locator or by ONLY using our locator - this would make things much easier and much less confusing. I have tried various methods, like linking a web map with only our addresses, but the map in the survey still includes the Esri world geolocator when searching an address. Which again, causes confusion.

GaryPrior

We at the City of Orlando have recently realized this same issue and are needing the workflow changed to allow for using only our custom geocoder. This is a serious showstopper at this crucial time for helping our citizens to apply for rental housing assistance, and the Survey123 Esri product promises so much but has this serious drawback. Please make this simple enhancement as soon as possible. 

WilliamRockwell1

Agreed, we need to be able to submit a survey via a custom geocoder as well.

MarlboroughDistrict_Council

Any update from ESRI on this? Its been 3.5 years since the original idea now.

From what I can tell this is still happening. We have a custom geocoder with our own regions addresses, yet in the public survey it reverts to a global locator and people have been selecting addresses in Canada for a town with the same name (while the survey is specific to a region in New Zealand).

Its causing data errors because we can't set the survey to use our own geocoder

Thanks