Select to view content in your preferred language

Enable selection and pop-ups in survey maps

12-26-2019 07:54 AM
charlesphillips
New Contributor III

It would be nice to be able to select features from the Survey123 map and view a pop-up. Currently, you can created a customized basemap with map layers and view the map in Survey123. However, the map layers in the basemap act just as a reference and you cannot select them and review a pop-up. It would be helpful if the user was able to select an item in the map and review a configured pop-up, just like you can in Collector. For users in the field, being able to review pertinent information in a pop-up would help them complete the survey. 

For example, below is a custom basemap that was added to an inspection survey. The map provides a great reference to the field user but the map elements are not selectable and you cannot get any information from them. It would be great if the user was able to select an item from the map (such as a transformer) and see a pop-up of the selected item. The pop-up might provide additional information that would aid the field user in completing the survey. 

17 Comments
RobertAnderson3

I would also love the ability to select an item in the map on Survey123, either to show a pop up or what I would also like to see is being able to set it up so when you select an asset it can take the attributes to fill in questions in the form (e.g. an Asset ID).

As mentioned above there is the option of going from an app like Field Maps using the custom URLs but I have to agree for the field users it definitely comes across as cumbersome having to use both apps. I've also run into issues with the coordinate information being passed incorrectly and have never been able to figure out why even with Esri Support, so it all being within the same app ecosystem would be a lot smoother.

SimonAllard2

Any progress with this? Currently using the Field Maps to S123 App integration workflow for Maritime Inspections. I don't think that Field Maps has anywhere the same smart form technology and logic as is available in S123 Connect.

Hopefully someone can provide a future update? @DerekLaw 

DerekLaw

Hi @SimonAllard2,

Apologies for the late reply.

Unfortunately, I am not in a position to comment on this item as I don't work closely with the ArcGIS Survey123 Dev team. Looping in @Ismael and @JamesTedrick for comments.

ahargreaves_FW

+1 on the idea of either:

• Maps within Survey123 support popups, like normal webmaps, and/or
  • Selection of features from a map within Survey123 Populates values (this way a user might not need a popup, but instead taps a feature which populates some read-only note fields to act like a popup under the map)

@IsmaelChivite and @JamesTedrick 

bburrell

Just checking to see if there has been any updates with this? I too am working to provide a way for selected features from a webmap to populate fields in a survey. Will require less back and forth between the two apps. 

JoelGreen

Unsure if this is related, but I have come across an issue on touch screen when trying to select a map point/feature on Survey123 Web. Using the calculation function I am able to populate the survey fields based on the map layer, however it seems that the point can only be selected (snapped) when using a mouse and does not work when a user touches the screen. Is this a current limitation of Survery123 Web?

Screen recording attached for example:

Screenshot 2023-05-19 142139.png

paolavincentfl

Has there been any update to adding the pop ups functionality add to S123 maps?