Disable 'Download Survey' in Field App

01-25-2023 12:50 PM
Labels (3)
FrankMancini
New Contributor III

Hide a survey from the 'Download Surveys' list in the Survey123 Field App.

Use Case:

• Portal Group with access to 2 different S123 Forms.
  • 1 form should only be used in the iOS Field App.
  • 1 form should only be used in the Survey Widget of an Experience App.

I would like to prevent users from downloading the Experience S123 form to the iOS Field App.

Same user group requires access to both forms, so sharing alone cannot accomplish this.

FieldMaps has the option to 'Hide in Field Maps mobile' or set the web map item's "typeKeywords": ["FieldMapsDisabled"] parameter. 

A comparable configuration option to disable download for each form under the Collaborate > Share Survey or Settings menu would be useful.  

A comparable Survey123 "typeKeywords" option like "FieldAppDisabled" would be also be useful. 

Tags (2)
2 Comments
JenniferSmits

Yes please, this would be very helpful for us. Sometimes webforms are not suitable for the field app version of survey123. The forms are very 'browsable' in the field app. Sometimes public forms are not intended to be that findable.

BrandonA_CDPH

This would be very useful for me as well. Specifically, when using "grid" layouts for surveys, I sometimes design multiple surveys for different uses (mobile vs desktop vs dashboard). Another use case is significant updates. I have a group of users who can be "change averse". When publishing a major update/change in a form, I will copy the old form and use URL parameters to have it feed the same feature service as the new form. This allows for the old form to be used while training and troubleshooting happen with the new form. It would be better if I could hide one of the versions from the Download Surveys list and provide the QR or link to specific users.

In both cases, the users for both version of the form are the same, so group controls don't solve the problem.