Allow batch-editing of records from Survey123 webapp

03-22-2024 06:19 AM
Labels (1)
EricaNova
Occasional Contributor

I'm working with a Survey123 form where I've configured a "parent" layer to collect the data, and a "child" layer to display the (modified) data for sharing with partners. The child layer is configured a hidden repeat in the Survey123 Connect XLS form, with a geopoint feature that is calculated as the rounded lats and longs from the parent layer. 

I always want the child layer to reflect exactly the data in the parent layer. Currently, we can only edit records in the parent layer one-by-one using the Survey123 webapp Edit feature, if we want our edits to be reflected in the child layer.

However, there are times when we will need to batch-edit the parent layer, and have these edits applied to the child layer automatically.

It would be ideal if survey owners could turn on "batch editing" mode so that group changes to the parent layer would be reflected in the related child layer.

It looks like batch editing might be possible via Experience Builder, but not for related tables:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-web-appbuilder-questions/batch-attribute-editor-suitability-com...