Add a location tracking layer into Survey123

08-25-2018 11:36 PM
VincentAbere
New Contributor II

I would love to see this functionality implemented into Survey 123. Similar to what we have in Collector. Basically have a layer that records the tracks or movements of the collector while in the field. location tracking

Tags (1)
5 Comments
ChelseaRozek

We've used Workforce to track employees' movements while in the field submitting surveys and made a nice Dashboard showing where they are and the results of the surveys they've completed.

Yuhash
by

Currently, in order to record tracking data I have the user launch a GPS-logger app alongside Survey123 which isn't a particularly efficient nor smooth workflow, as it requires the user not just to operate two different application interfaces but to remember to turn the logger on/off.

VincentAbere

HI Chelsea. Do i have to create a project under workforce. Am still trying to figure out how to set this up as it seems i can achieve what i want with the up.

ChelseaRozek

Yup, you'll need to create a project. Here's some more information: FAQs for project owners—Workforce for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  The project I used in this case was super simple, just added the AGO users who were doing the surveys without adding actual workforce assignments for them. They needed to be signed into the Workforce app on their tablet/smartphone for their location to show up.

Workforce Location Tracking Tip: Tips for project owners—Workforce for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

VincentAbere

Great. I will look onto this further as i didn't know they required to install the workforce app in their devices for the tracking layer to work. Thanks!