Survey123 Beta Update

12-04-2017 03:08 PM
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor
1 21 3,092

Hi all,

I wanted to let everyone know that we've updated the Survey123 Beta Program with a new version of Survey123.  This release includes several fixes as well as initial testing support for a new functionality - webhooks. Webhooks are a configuration option that will allow Survey123 to accomplish a second action when submitting a survey; for example, sending an e-mail with some of the submitted information.  If you're interested in trying this out, please enroll in the Early Adopter Community!

The Esri Early Adopter Community enables our users to to test early versions of upcoming releases of Esri applications.  Survey123 publishes beta versions of the software during every development cycle to test and try out new features.  If you're interested in trying out new functionality and fixes, please enroll using the link above!

21 Comments
ToraJohnson
New Contributor III

Looks like the update caused a major malfunction with the geopoint function. The map is loading with tiles scattered all over the screen and is unusable, meaning the form is unusable. We had one hour today to collect data on king tide flooding with no other opportunities until next year's king tide. Very unfortunate.

GavinJenkins1
New Contributor

I am also seeing major issues on the Survey123 website under the Data Tab.  The map and table are checkered on the screen and the page is unusable.

Note: data has been blurred out. The issue is around the checkered screen.

JamesTedrick

Hi Tora,

This is unrelated to the Beta announcement (which is for the field app).  The problem has been addressed, you may need to clear the browser cache.

JamesTedrick

Hi Gavin,

This is unrelated to the Beta announcement (which is for the field app).  The problem has been addressed, you may need to clear the browser cache.

GavinJenkins1
New Contributor

James,

My browser cache was cleared, and the problem persisted.  After checking again, the issues seems to have been resolved.  Thank you for the assistance.

MarcGraham1
Occasional Contributor

Hi, the download for the windows survey123 connect app appears to be missing.

DerekLaw

Hi Marc,

I just checked and the Survey123 Connect download is available and working for me. Can you please try again?

Looking into this issue ... will post an update when available.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Marc,

The latest downloads should now be available and accessible to download on the EAC beta website:

Regards,

Phil.

AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

James,

Do you have more information on the Webhook side of things? Look at seeing if a rest api call could be made to update the status of a feature in a hosted feature service? The example would be - Open Survey123 using a url and passing some information across. When finished with the survey123, sending an update back to the feature to close it off.

Thanks

MarcGraham1
Occasional Contributor

I am wondering if this could be used in conjunction with the Workforce for ArcGIS API to automatically close an assignment when a survey is submitted...  I think if you passed the assignment id to Survey 123 from Workforce, then you could build a call to the Wworkforce api to close that job on sumbission.

JamesTedrick

Hi Anthony,

For more information on Webhooks, refer to the documentation post in the Early Adopter Community.  Currently, we envision a fixed payload- the web hook responder would need to be able to process the business logic.  One of the things that we are looking to do is to provide a python script that could process the message within a ModelBuilder model.

deleted-user-YFvHjvl1PtPX
New Contributor II

James,

What version of Survey123 supports Web Hooks? I tried downloading the beta version of Survey123 and the link has been removed. However, we would like to start using those capabilities if possible. Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Jordan

New Contributor II

I believe I found where to get the newest version. I'm running version 2.6.4. Is that the most up-to-date?

JamesTedrick

Hi Jordan,

Ideally, you should be using the 2.7 beta application in the Early Adopter Community (currently 2.7.46).

New Contributor II

I'd like to; however, I tried signing up for the beta program and it didn't give me the option to download anything. How do I go about doing this?

JamesTedrick

You've gone through any tasks, correct?  You should be able to see it at the 'Downloads' page - I'm able view it in the Early Adopter Community when I set my permissions to the normal beta forum participant.

CesarGarrido_Lecca_Rivera
New Contributor III

James Tedrick 

It seems that there is only one trigger (on summiting) for the webhooks, 

Is there any way to filter the range of possibilities, I mean, if the user wants to send an email when some survey contains a specific set of values? Is that possible in the beta version or that behavior could be configured in the third party software?

MarcGraham1
Occasional Contributor

Cesar Garrido Lecca Rivera‌ you would do this in the 3rd party application that you send the payload to.  Sign up for a free account at integromat and have a play.  It's very user friendly.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Cesar,

You can find  more information in this blog post about Webhooks in our beta Survey123: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2018/03/05/sneak-peek-survey123-and-webhooks-integr....

And as Marc points out, once configured, the app will always send the payload for every survey you submit. You can configure the 3rd party webhook service to process the payload how you want (ie if specific values are used or a priority higher than a certain threshold) and then decide when to send the email or do another action.

Phil.

New Contributor III

Thanks Marc Graham

New Contributor III

Thanks, Phillip. 

About the Author
I work on the Survey123 team. Please note that I do not use the private messages feature in Esri Community; if you need to reach me, feel free to e-mail jtedrick@esri.com .