Select to view content in your preferred language

Issues with GWR

12-08-2011 10:29 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: gudeso

Dear GIS colleagues
I was running an OLS model; once i have gained some knowledge which independent variables are better to explaining my dependent variable, I have progressed to GWR. After running the GWR i have received series of error messages. One of the error messages associated with geometry issues. As a result, i have run the repair geometry tool and then re-processed my GWR. The GWR failed again and this time showed series of errors about missing data. So, in response i have selected these particular features (using the attributes query tool and deleted these observations from my original feature class). Happily, i was sure this time i have solved the problem, however GWR found new rows which having missing data and failed the all GWR process again ))-;  I have repeated the process and got the same errors, this time with different feature cases. Therefore, i suspect this will happen again if i use the same approach.
I use the following:
ArcGIS version: ArcGIS 10 Service Pack 2 
Feature classes: points within a file geodatabase (800 features)
OLS works fine for the same feature classes
See my snapshot attached.

Any ideas what to do? to overcome this annoying problem. This topic also raises some further questions; does GWR work fine with 0 or 1 or 2 values? What about missing values, is that the reason my GWR fails all time?

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
origudes
Deactivated User
As i have received no response, i have decided to reply my self. After running the GWR again,  this time with no missing values elsewhere, it all went well. The initial conclusion is that GWR does not like any null values, but i will appreciate any responses from people who have greater experience than me.

Regards Ori

Dear GIS colleagues
I was running an OLS model; once i have gained some knowledge which independent variables are better to explaining my dependent variable, I have progressed to GWR. After running the GWR i have received series of error messages. One of the error messages associated with geometry issues. As a result, i have run the repair geometry tool and then re-processed my GWR. The GWR failed again and this time showed series of errors about missing data. So, in response i have selected these particular features (using the attributes query tool and deleted these observations from my original feature class). Happily, i was sure this time i have solved the problem, however GWR found new rows which having missing data and failed the all GWR process again ))-;  I have repeated the process and got the same errors, this time with different feature cases. Therefore, i suspect this will happen again if i use the same approach.
I use the following:
ArcGIS version: ArcGIS 10 Service Pack 2 
Feature classes: points within a file geodatabase (800 features)
OLS works fine for the same feature classes
See my snapshot attached.

Any ideas what to do? to overcome this annoying problem. This topic also raises some further questions; does GWR work fine with 0 or 1 or 2 values? What about missing values, is that the reason my GWR fails all time?

Thanks
0 Kudos