Web Map pop ups do not match in Story Map

Jump to solution
02-17-2021 02:29 PM
KMC6
by
New Contributor

When I configure the bar chart in the pop up for a layer in web the bars are blue and when I pull that same web map into my story map the bars in the bar chart turn an ugly orange.  How do I configure the colors of the bars in my bar chart or at least have them reflect their color in the web map configuration?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BernSzukalski
Esri Regular Contributor

The difference lies in the fact that the current Map Viewer and StoryMaps use a different version of the JS API under the hood. If you take a look at your pop-ups using Map Viewer Beta you'll have a better idea of what you will see in your story. Chart colors are not yet customizable, but eventually will be.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BernSzukalski
Esri Regular Contributor

The difference lies in the fact that the current Map Viewer and StoryMaps use a different version of the JS API under the hood. If you take a look at your pop-ups using Map Viewer Beta you'll have a better idea of what you will see in your story. Chart colors are not yet customizable, but eventually will be.

KMC6
by
New Contributor

Thanks Bern, I appreciate it.  Any idea of when that function will be available?

0 Kudos
BernSzukalski
Esri Regular Contributor

It's hard to say exactly when, but I ran this past the dev team... It's difficult to predict because as yet there is a lot of internal discussion about how this is to be implemented, and what the UX will be. I would guess that later this year - Q4 - is when we might add some capabilities. If you would like, you can send me a description of your needs and how you would like this to work via email to bszukalski@esri.com and I will make sure the feedback gets to the team and product management.

0 Kudos