Visibility range of web map hosted tile layer not honored in sidecar swipe map

Jump to solution
04-06-2022 10:58 AM
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

I've georeferenced an old map and published to AGOL as a Tile. It's GCS is WGS1984, and it appears fine in the web map. I set the visibility range from World - Room in the web map (classic) and saved. In the swipe map the layer doesn't show after what appears to be about the Streets scale. In other words, the scale set in the web map isn't honored in the swipe map. I want the image to remain no matter how far the user zooms in in the swipe map. How can I achieve this?

JaredPilbeam2_0-1649267480491.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

@OwenGeoThanks for the reply. I think I've found a solution. When you Analyze the image in Pro you can click the Configuration tab and change the levels of Detail there.

JaredPilbeam2_0-1649703501886.png

So, I did that then published to AGOL. Now, I can zoom in to Streets level and the image remains in the swipe map.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@JaredPilbeam2 - Can you provide links to the web map and story so we can look into this? If you are unable to share these items publicly, please contact Esri Support and they will be able help you further.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

@OwenGeoThanks for the reply. I think I've found a solution. When you Analyze the image in Pro you can click the Configuration tab and change the levels of Detail there.

JaredPilbeam2_0-1649703501886.png

So, I did that then published to AGOL. Now, I can zoom in to Streets level and the image remains in the swipe map.