Unable to hide the story maps title after the recent update

Jump to solution
11-09-2023 05:29 AM
Labels (3)
andreoudi
New Contributor III

Hi!

We have noticed that the story maps title that we had previously hidden in our applications is now shown everywhere. We embed our story maps to experience builder where we have our own menus and we do not want to see the story maps title as well. We noticed this change today and we suppose that it is due to the recent updates.

In the case of collections the problem exists even within the story map application. The picture below shows how the navigations is shown today. The second line on the picture below is abundant and it is the story maps title that shouldn't be there.

andreoudi_1-1699536339923.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

This issue has been fixed. We apologize again for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you are still able to observe this issue.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

9 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@andreoudi - Thanks for reporting this. We can reproduce the issue and are looking into it. I'll post a note here when we have more information.

Owen Evans
timothysinnott
New Contributor

Thanks for this note. I was so confused! We are noticing this same issue in our Story Map Collection, and look forward to a quick fix!

0 Kudos
JosZwambach1
New Contributor III

When I Used the option ?heading=false then the title is not visible anymore, but then  I have to change all the embedded storymaps manually. It looks like that default value is change for the heading is set to true.

andreoudi
New Contributor III

I have also tested this. It works for stories but as you mention you have to change the embedded stories manually.  This solution does not work for collections though.

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

We've tracked down the issue and plan to address this in our next update on Nov 21.

I'm sorry for the impact this has had on your collections.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
MattiasEkström
Occasional Contributor III

I noted this issue today in our collections, I haven't made any changes yet. If I understand you correctly, I can just leave it be and it will be fixed by the update on Nov 21?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Correct.

Owen Evans
andreoudi
New Contributor III

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

This issue has been fixed. We apologize again for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you are still able to observe this issue.

Owen Evans