Unable to create new story; stuck on loading screen

Jump to solution
05-14-2023 11:54 AM
ACICACIC
New Contributor II

Hi, Esri Community! I'm having an issue when trying to create a new story. When I click the [+ New Story] button, no matter which submenu option I choose (start from scratch, create explorer map, create guided map), I always get stuck on the loading screen.

This issue hasn't happened to me before. I am also able to edit existing stories without issue.

I deleted some old drafts in case I just had too many stories, but the problem persists, and I regret doing so as I could have edited one of those to become the new page I need to create😅

Would really appreciate some guidance on how to proceed!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@ACICACIC - I'm sorry you are encountering this issue. Is it possible that your account has been disabled or your role or privileges downgraded?

We are not seeing any issues similar to the one you've described, so I would suggest that you contact your ArcGIS administrator to see if they see anything with your account that would cause this. If they are not able to provide any information, please contact Esri Technical Support so they can help you look into this.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@ACICACIC - I'm sorry you are encountering this issue. Is it possible that your account has been disabled or your role or privileges downgraded?

We are not seeing any issues similar to the one you've described, so I would suggest that you contact your ArcGIS administrator to see if they see anything with your account that would cause this. If they are not able to provide any information, please contact Esri Technical Support so they can help you look into this.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
ACICACIC
New Contributor II

Update: after some digging, we figured out the issue was I had run out of storage space on my free public account. Unfortunately, we had no way of figuring out how much storage space I had used or how much was needed to create a new story. 

A big shout out and thank you to Tech Support for being so helpful!