Strange things happening with pop-ups

Jump to solution
04-01-2022 01:24 AM
HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, 

I'm working on a storymap and have a strange issue with pop-ups.  When I click on an embedded map, it brings up a pop-up from a different area on the map.  I originally thought there must be a strange gremlin in the data, so started again from scratch, and the same issue still occurs. 

I've recorded a short video to demonstrate: https://www.loom.com/share/2c52cb0060e24962a0e517c80cf9bd58

Here is the storymap in question: https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/9f8978f9b6184d28895c8d423219435a

Many thanks, 

Helen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @HelenCooper -- This was an issue that was introduced last week in the underlying mapping technology that is used by StoryMaps and many other ArcGIS apps. The issue has been addressed by that team and StoryMaps will pick up the fix in our next update on Apr 6.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @HelenCooper -- This was an issue that was introduced last week in the underlying mapping technology that is used by StoryMaps and many other ArcGIS apps. The issue has been addressed by that team and StoryMaps will pick up the fix in our next update on Apr 6.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
HelenCooper

Thanks @OwenGeo .  Good that's it's been identified and will be fixed.  Bad news for me that it's not until April 6th - do you know what time of day the updates happen?  I'll be presenting the storymap to a group of 20 or so organisations on April 6th, and it's pretty embarrassing to have it not functioning properly. 

Best, 

Helen

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@HelenCooper -- The update will happen around 6pm ET.

If you are demonstrating, you should be able to easily work around this issue simply by zooming in so the features are larger. The issue is related to the selection tolerance, so when you click in an area where there are a lot of very small features, you see the weirdness you reported. If you zoom in and click well inside the borders of a large feature you should be fine.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
HelenCooper

Thanks @OwenGeo , that's good to know.  Not ideal for what I need to demo, but still better than it currently stands!  Thanks for your quick response, as always.

Helen

0 Kudos