StoryMaps Word Count Limit?

Jump to solution
08-23-2022 08:44 AM
Labels (2)
LaurenMcKinney
New Contributor II

Hi all!

Is there a word count limit within StoryMaps? 

Thanks all!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@LaurenMcKinney -- No, there is no firm word count limit for a StoryMap.

But may I ask why you are asking? Typically when authors wonder about the limits of a StoryMap, they are planning a story that will be longer than something we'd recommend. It's important to keep stories shorter and focused to keep readers' attention.

If you have a very long story to tell we would suggest breaking the story into multiple parts. You can then group the individual story parts using a collection. See https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-storymaps/sharing-collaboration/start-your-first-ar... for more information about using collections.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@LaurenMcKinney -- No, there is no firm word count limit for a StoryMap.

But may I ask why you are asking? Typically when authors wonder about the limits of a StoryMap, they are planning a story that will be longer than something we'd recommend. It's important to keep stories shorter and focused to keep readers' attention.

If you have a very long story to tell we would suggest breaking the story into multiple parts. You can then group the individual story parts using a collection. See https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-storymaps/sharing-collaboration/start-your-first-ar... for more information about using collections.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
LaurenMcKinney
New Contributor II

Thanks OwenGeo! I appreciate the answer.

I'm asking for a colleague who reached out to me with this question for their own project. I will pass on your message about keeping the story focused to maintain reader attention as well as the recommendation to look into using a collection!