Select to view content in your preferred language

StoryMap Videos Not Looping

12-05-2022 08:04 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting ready to publish a storymap with several videos that open each section. These videos are the first sequence in a sidecar. I've set the videos to autoplay with controls and I selected the loop function as well. Once the video ends (about 15 seconds or so), it doesn't loop. The play button flickers between play and pause and the video doesn't do anything at that point. The controls won't work for me at that point either. Have any suggestions?

And I think it would be great to have an autoplay with loop feature without the controls as well. Can we make that happen? Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Jeremy, 

I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue. I am not seeing this when trying to reproduce on my end, could you include a link here to your story demonstrating the issue so we can see it in action?

Thank you,

Abby

0 Kudos
KBERG_EGLE
New Contributor III

@AbbyE_Esri here's a test story map with just the wonky acting videos: https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/070742c334ff41a7ae42a16c60f7d946

(We used screen-captures to replace the videos in the original story map since we needed to go live asap).

0 Kudos
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @KBERG_EGLE and @Anonymous User ,

Thank you for that link, I can see that the first and third videos in the sidecar are not playing. I am not able to add those linked videos to my story, but was able to download the first linked video, and upload it successfully.

Can you let me know if uploading these videos instead of linking them resolves this issue, or if you still have issues playing these videos when uploading them?

Thank you,

Abby

0 Kudos
KBERG_EGLE
New Contributor III

Thanks, Abby. They should all be uploaded and not linked.

0 Kudos
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @KBERG_EGLE @Anonymous User ,

While I can see this failure to loop in your story, as well as when I upload this video to one of my own stories, other videos I use do not give me the same behavior.

I'd recommend opening a ticket with Esri Support, as they can help you further investigate this behavior and hopefully find you a solution for these two videos!

Have a good one,

Abby

0 Kudos