Select to view content in your preferred language

Story Maps not loading

Jump to solution
05-02-2023 11:32 AM
NancyMontes_de_Soto
New Contributor

I am getting a blank page when I am trying to open several of my story maps. I created the story maps long ago, and in the past I had seen a sad face sometimes, but this time I am getting a blank page. I refreshed the page several times and that worked some times but not others. I am using Google Chrome. But I also tried in Microsoft Edge and Firebox - same issue. They were working fine a couple of week ago. Any help?

Tags (1)
81 Replies
LarsArneson
New Contributor III

@OwenGeo  - It looks like I'm having the same white page issue as described in this thread. 

https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/98f64a497c834ae18955d5d6b5994ff4

It works in my Brave browser, but not Chrome or Edge. It did work momentarily for myself and others when I republished, but only for a minute and then went back to the white page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@LarsArneson -- We did see some error rates increasing in our monitoring tools yesterday, but they quickly subsided as the system adjusted. We are not seeing anything abnormal anymore, but please let us know if you can still observe this issue.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
PiaBanzhaf
New Contributor

We have the same issue https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/906031e18f854a1f8226f76cd4169e0a.

This the class webpage. Each student has their individual one linked there but they do not load. This is problematic for us as the final class projects are on StoryMaps.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@PiaBanzhaf - I just tested the story you shared above and also opened many of the stories linked to with it. Several stories are not shared publicly, so I could not access those, but all the public stories loaded as expected for me.

Are you still experiencing a problem with any of these stories?

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@PiaBanzhaf  -- After reviewing the logs, we see there was a very large spike in activity yesterday. As you noted, the problem resolved itself. Our logs indicate it was within about 15-20 mins.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
PiaBanzhaf
New Contributor

Hello,

Thank you for your response and the info on sharing settings. I realize there is an issue with the sharing settings as people have a hard time following instructions, but  there are presentations that are public that, at times, cannot be accessed. It is really weird. We tried different browsers too. Not sure if the internet was slow here and that contributed to the problem. I'll try to let my class double-check the settings. Thank you again

0 Kudos
SaraJL
by
Occasional Contributor III

@OwenGeo November 29th we were having some issues with Story Maps not loading.

It eventually resolved itself within an hour, but this occurred for the same course that also experienced the same issue last year! It was incredibly frustrating for the professor that is trying to view Story Maps for grading. I wish there was a more stable long term fix!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@SaraJL -- We are always investigating our processes and infrastructure to make improvements and have several action items from this latest event. We are working to fix the root cause of these intermittent events.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
SaraJL
by
Occasional Contributor III

@OwenGeo I just received a report now of some users not being able to view Story Map projects! Just wanted to give you a heads up

0 Kudos
dmacq
by
New Contributor III

Similar issue here. Got an email from a faculty member grading student projects and was able to reproduce on my end. The solution we found is to refresh until the StoryMap randomly loads. Less than ideal.

0 Kudos