Request for Custom HTML, Javascript, CSS on StoryMap

Jump to solution
02-27-2022 02:36 PM
Vjk62
by
New Contributor II

Hello, I would like to add custom HTML, Javascript, and CSS on StoryMaps, however, I read that custom HTML, Javascript, and CSS is not supported at this time. From the FAQs on ArcGIS StoryMaps, I read that I could request for the customization. Please let me know how this is done and whether I could  implement custom HTML, Javascript and CSS on StoryMaps through request. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks for your feedback on this. There is an existing idea on our Ideas Board about this here that you can vote for: HTML and CSS code - Esri Community

It would be very helpful if you could also provide as much information as possible about the specific things you'd like to customize so we can understand how you would use this feature.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks for your feedback on this. There is an existing idea on our Ideas Board about this here that you can vote for: HTML and CSS code - Esri Community

It would be very helpful if you could also provide as much information as possible about the specific things you'd like to customize so we can understand how you would use this feature.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
Vjk62
by
New Contributor II

Hi! Thanks for your response. I have another question regarding video accessibility. I am working with Cascade Style for Story Maps. On an immersive section when I tried linking the section to a youtube video, it kept on showing that I have an accessibility issue. I tried linking it with the embedded html code, however, I still have the same issue afterwards.  I am thinking it is because the video is not supported on the mobile device, however, I honestly don't know where the accessibility issue comes from and whether it's going to affect viewers' ability to see the video. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos