Select to view content in your preferred language

"No Information Provided" under photos when clicked on in storymaps

Jump to solution
08-23-2022 10:47 AM
Labels (1)
MikeSampson
New Contributor II

When I click on a storymap photo it comes up with "No Information Provided" under the photo.  Can I remove this message or how do I add photo infomation?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Ah, ok got it. Looks like you have created a map tour using a feature layer. "No information provided" means that you haven't set any fields to be used for the place titles and descriptions.

When you create a tour, the tour builder looks for fields that are good candidates for this (fields with "name" or "title" or "description" in the field name or alias) and picks one, if available. Your dataset must not have any fields with these names, so it didn't know which ones to pick and you'll just have to set them manually.

Click on the gear (or your feature layer name) at the bottom of the tour builder and set the fields on the Data tab, as shown below.

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 10.10.58 PM.jpg

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@MikeSampson -- I'm not sure where you are seeing this. Typically when you click on an image in a StoryMap the image will expand to fill the screen. Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
MikeSampson
New Contributor II
Stopymap first view: [cid:image001.png@01D8B700.6AF19590]

Storymap View after I click on a photo: [cid:image002.png@01D8B700.E0197F40]
Thanks,
Mike Sampson
Sun Valley, Idaho 83353
208-309-5300
mike@sampsonsunvalley.com

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Sorry @MikeSampson, I don't see any images in your message. Can you please try adding them again? You should be able to drag screenshot images into your message from your local machine or you can use the camera icon to open a file browser to select the image files.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
MikeSampson
New Contributor II
Storymap first view, then storymap view after I click on a photo
Link to storymap: https://arcg.is/CP54n

Mike Sampson
Sun Valley, Idaho 83353
208-309-5300
mike@sampsonsunvalley.com

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Ah, ok got it. Looks like you have created a map tour using a feature layer. "No information provided" means that you haven't set any fields to be used for the place titles and descriptions.

When you create a tour, the tour builder looks for fields that are good candidates for this (fields with "name" or "title" or "description" in the field name or alias) and picks one, if available. Your dataset must not have any fields with these names, so it didn't know which ones to pick and you'll just have to set them manually.

Click on the gear (or your feature layer name) at the bottom of the tour builder and set the fields on the Data tab, as shown below.

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 10.10.58 PM.jpg

Owen Evans
0 Kudos