Publicly shared map requires sign in

08-03-2021 02:05 PM
ErinReilly1
New Contributor

I have a story map that is shared publicly.  I double and triple checked all of the maps within it and all of the layers are also shared publicly.  I checked our organization page and it allows anonymous viewers.  I'm also mostly certain that it didn't require a sign in a month ago and I didn't think we changed anything, but I do know there were a bunch of ESRI updates since we last made edits. 

Here is the link to the storymap: https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/059861db45fe45fc88c9f3aa0ff7aabb

0 Kudos
10 Replies
FourCornersMapping
New Contributor III

Hi Erin--I did not have to sign in to use the story map. 

ErinReilly1
New Contributor

I've tried the link with in private browsing and multiple browsers where I am not logged in and it asks me to sign in each time.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I am able to view it as well; very nice work I should add!

Are you logged into a single sign on (SSO) type of arrangement?  Sounds like something is clobbering your attempts and not ours.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @ErinReilly1 , 

Maybe have a chat with your It team, maybe they have changed a security setting for the organization? 

ErinReilly1
New Contributor

I tried from a personal computer, and we are all on home networks not a work network so I have no idea why it appears that some people are not asked to sign in but others are.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@ErinReilly1 -- I scrolled all the way through the story in several browsers (in regular and private browsing modes) and was not prompted to sign in either.

Where/when exactly is the login window appearing? Is it when the story first loads or when you get to the map? Could you share a screenshot?

Have you received reports from others who get prompted to sign in, or is it only you? You may want to try clearing your browser caches. You could also try unpublishing and republishing the story. If you still see the prompt, I would recommend contacting Esri Support and they can help troubleshoot further.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Also I agree with Joe -- nice work on the story!

Owen Evans
ErinReilly1
New Contributor

I've asked other people to try to view it as well and they are having the same issue.  Its when the storymap first loads.  The other people even cleared their browser cacheScreenshot 2021-08-04 071108.png

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@ErinReilly1 -- I asked several of my colleagues to check and we are all not getting prompted to log in. We're all on different home networks as well.

The only other thing I can think of is that maybe you and your colleagues who are experiencing this issue are all connected to the same VPN, which might have a filter or blocker that is causing the login prompt. If so, try accessing the story while disconnected from VPN.

If that's not the issue, the next step would be to please contact Esri Support as they can work with you to try to isolate what the specific issue might be.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos