Photos not loading

05-07-2022 05:53 AM
CatherineCarter1
New Contributor III

For that last several days I have had trouble with photos not loading. The collection of stories has been up for nearly a year and this is the first time I have noticed any issues. Some of the photos on a page are fine; others appear but do not resolve to sharpness. https://storymaps.arcgis.com/collections/c7bc45c5167f4bdea00de954189fdb92

Thanks for the help!

Catherine

0 Kudos
12 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@CatherineCarter1 -- I wanted to check in to see if you are still seeing this issue. Please clear your browser cache, restart your machine, then retest, and let us know.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
CatherineCarter1
New Contributor III

I am sorry to have been so slow .. life has been crazy! 

yes, I still see the problem. I have tried emptying the cache, restarting, etc. I have tried multiple devices and it is still there. I see it mostly in photo layouts as opposed to single images. 

i think I am going to have to move the story to a different website. 

Thanks for all your help,

catherine

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

I'm very sorry to hear that you are still seeing this issue. 😕

I just brought your collection up on three different computers (two Macs and a PC) and two mobile devices (an iPad and iPhone) and every image loaded for me again. I'm also in the office today, so I'm on a different network than I was last time I tested your story. Across the five devices I checked I used three different networks in today's tests (my office internal wifi, office guest wifi, and a 4G cell connection). At least one other community member reported on this thread that it was working as expected for them as well.

Which images aren't loading for you? Is it the the same ones each time or different ones? Were the two computers you tested on on the same network? There could be something about your network that blocks some of the network requests.

If you are able to contact Esri Support, they might be able to work directly with you to identify the issue, but as far as I can tell your story is working as expected for others 🙂 , but not for you. 😞 

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos