PDF links are not loading from map pop-ups in Storymaps

09-26-2019 07:54 AM
MatthewKatz
New Contributor

I am having problems with PDFs not loading correctly from map pop-ups within storymaps (new version). My users are able to click into pop-ups, and when they click the link, it brings them to a loaded white, blank page. When I click on them from the map page, it works fine, but when I (or my users) click on them from the storymap, they do not show up properly. I just get a blank white screen with the URL at the top.  Has anyone else experienced this problem? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

Did you ever manage to get a resolution on this? I've just come across the same problem with links in the pop-up of a web map and also from one particular hard coded link in a section of StoryMap text in the sidecar.

Links within a different map in the same story work fine so guess there may be subtly different with the configuration of the two maps (though that would explain why the hardcoded one isn't working).

The window that opens is untitled and has and address of about:blank

0 Kudos
GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

Just discovered that all the links work fine if the story is viewed on its own but the blank page issue occurs when viewing within a collection.

0 Kudos