No sound in video on mobile device

07-30-2021 06:28 AM
FourCornersMapping
New Contributor III

I have uploaded video with audio to the sidecar pane, checking the "Click to Play" option:

FourCornersMapping_0-1627651505083.png

When the story is published, the video behaves as expected and plays when clicked with audio when using a desktop. However, when using a mobile, the video plays when clicked but there is no audio. It is not muted, and I have tried toggling mute on/off on my mobile.

I'm using an iPhone XR and have tried both Chrome and Safari.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@FourCornersMapping -- Thanks for reporting this. I can reproduce this issue. We'll do some investigation and look to try to get this addressed in an upcoming release.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@FourCornersMapping -- Actually, I had the volume down on my phone while testing. 😕 I'm able to hear a video in a sidecar narrative panel as expected on my iPhone. I'm using iOS 14.7.1.

Here's the test story that I used. Could you please update your iOS to the latest, if needed, and test again?

https://arcg.is/0un9yX

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
FourCornersMapping
New Contributor III

Hi Owen, I can hear the sound in your test story map even without updating my iOS. I already replaced all the uploaded videos in my story map with links to YouTube urls which didn't have the sound problem on a mobile. I can assure you though, that the volume on my phone was turned on when I had this issue. It seems like this problem was specific to my story map. I opened a tech support case and the tech was able to reproduce the issue, so if we find out anything relevant, I'll post it here. Thanks!

0 Kudos