New StoryMaps - bugs

Jump to solution
02-04-2020 06:41 AM
MiaMassicotte
Occasional Contributor

I'm using a public account, and I have been trying out the new ArcGIS StoryMaps since the fall.   I'm using a desktop MacOS Mohave 10.14.6.  I switched from Safari to Chrome, so at least now I get fewer "unexpected errors" (I reported a few months ago).  However, since the January 2020 ArcGis StoryMap update, a few new glitches:

1) Search tab for Living Atlas gives "no results" when trying to insert a map. ??

2) After inserting a map, the little editing pen has disappeared after I insert a map and want to edit the layers. ??

See my tester storymap which contains the problems and screenshots.

https://arcg.is/GCbOq

Are these known issues?  Is it just my setup? storymap problem

Thanks,

Mia

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Mia, Thanks for your feedback about the new ArcGIS StoryMaps.

1. The Living Atlas tab currently presents a small sample of the full Living Atlas. We plan on expanding what's offered there in an upcoming release. For now, you can simply favorite an item from the Living Atlas website or ArcGIS Online if you need to add it to your story.
  2. In the most recent update (late January 2020), we introduced a cleaner design for the map designer side panel that involved removing some icons that previously were always visible. No functionality was removed, however, and you can still edit layer names by clicking on them in the map designer side panel.
Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Mia, Thanks for your feedback about the new ArcGIS StoryMaps.

1. The Living Atlas tab currently presents a small sample of the full Living Atlas. We plan on expanding what's offered there in an upcoming release. For now, you can simply favorite an item from the Living Atlas website or ArcGIS Online if you need to add it to your story.
  2. In the most recent update (late January 2020), we introduced a cleaner design for the map designer side panel that involved removing some icons that previously were always visible. No functionality was removed, however, and you can still edit layer names by clicking on them in the map designer side panel.
Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps