Map Tour Text Disappearing

Jump to solution
02-03-2022 09:13 AM
JGVadnais
New Contributor

The text for several map tour points disappears after publishing. Here's what happened:

• Text was typed into the description section.  
  • The program displayed "saving" and then "saved" in the upper left corner.
  •  Published the updates
  •  The updated text did not show up in the published document. When I went back into editing mode, the text had disappeared.

Troubleshooting attempt

• Deleted the point 
  • Created a new point.  The text saved and was present in the published and edit views.
  • That success was short lived.  When attempting a second point and the disappearing text issue returned
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@JGVadnais -- I apologize that you are having an issue building your map tour. I'm not able to reproduce this issue with the information you've provided, so I'm not sure what might be going on. It could be an issue with your story or a network issue.

Please contact Esri Technical Support and they will be able to help you further troubleshoot this specific issue.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@JGVadnais -- I apologize that you are having an issue building your map tour. I'm not able to reproduce this issue with the information you've provided, so I'm not sure what might be going on. It could be an issue with your story or a network issue.

Please contact Esri Technical Support and they will be able to help you further troubleshoot this specific issue.

Owen Evans
AlejandraLivingstonPearson
New Contributor

My computer has been reproducing this issue. Please help! 

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@AlejandraLivingstonPearson -- I'm sorry you are experiencing an issue. Did you by change paste in any text from another source? There is a known issue that some text may not be saved correctly when it's pasted from Google Docs. You can try using the "Paste and match formatting" option. See this thread for more information and workarounds to try.

Re: Pasted Bulleted Text from Google Docs Disappea... - Esri Community

If that's not the issue, please contact Esri Tech Support and they can help you further.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos