Map Tour feature layer unsupported

Jump to solution
02-02-2022 11:50 AM
BethanyLamb
New Contributor II

I'm not finding an explanation for what criteria determines whether or not a feature layer can be used in the Map Tour. Currently, I haven't been able to generate a feature layer that works with it. I keep getting the following error:

BethanyLamb_0-1643831307846.png

I have read the Add map tours page on Esri, but it doesn't tell me anything about the feature layer other than it needs to be a point layer (mine is) with at least one point in it (mine has 11).

I'd appreciate some guidance here, as I really don't want to upload each point individually. Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@BethanyLamb It looks like you are using an Enterprise-hosted feature service in an ArcGIS Online-hosted StoryMap. This is not a supported configuration. The feature service and story should be hosted in the same environment—either both in ArcGIS Online or both in an 10.9.1 Enterprise deployment. I suppose it's possible that a 10.9.1 feature service might work in an Online-hosted story, but that is not a configuration that we test or certify at this time.

Are you able to host your feature service in ArcGIS Online for this project since you are already using the Online version of ArcGIS StoryMaps?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@BethanyLamb -- I'm sorry you are having an issue using your feature service in a map tour. Are you able to share a link to the layer (make sure it's shared with Everyone), so we can take a look?

If you can't share your layer here, please contact Esri Technical Support and they will be able to assist you further.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
BethanyLamb
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply Owen! I've included a link to it below:

https://svr.tigardmaps.com/arcgis/rest/services/Framework/tig_historic_sites/MapServer/0

Hopefully it works!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@BethanyLamb -- Looks like your feature service is hosted on an ArcGIS Enterprise server running v8.2. To be supported in a map tour, a feature service must be hosted on ArcGIS Online or a version of Enterprise that supports map tours created using feature services, which includes 10.9.1 or later.

Owen Evans
BethanyLamb
New Contributor II

So, I got the map tour widget to at least accept the feature layer. But it only reads the names of the locations. It doesn't add the points to the map, nor does it read/register the image attachments included with each point. Is that still because it's not running 10.9.1?

Here's the feature layer:
https://svr.tigardmaps.com/arcgis/rest/services/Framework/tig_historic_sites/FeatureServer

Here's the story map with the map tour:
https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/6aa041a8cef9466cbaa77ba7253f74a5

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@BethanyLamb It looks like you are using an Enterprise-hosted feature service in an ArcGIS Online-hosted StoryMap. This is not a supported configuration. The feature service and story should be hosted in the same environment—either both in ArcGIS Online or both in an 10.9.1 Enterprise deployment. I suppose it's possible that a 10.9.1 feature service might work in an Online-hosted story, but that is not a configuration that we test or certify at this time.

Are you able to host your feature service in ArcGIS Online for this project since you are already using the Online version of ArcGIS StoryMaps?

Owen Evans
0 Kudos