Select to view content in your preferred language

Embedding Tableau Dashboards in StoryMaps

Jump to solution
10-19-2023 09:12 AM
Labels (2)
RylandLu
New Contributor III

Morning StoryMaps Community,

Last year, my university made this very cool storymap for our university's annual State of the Commute Report (UCLA STATE OF THE COMMUTE 2022 (arcgis.com)). As you can see, we have many tableau dashboards embedded in this report. When developing the report last year, we ran into difficulties getting the interactive interface (clickable) to show up when embedding. As you can see, we ultimately were able to achieve interactivity with most of our dashboards, but it took a bit of unlinking and relinking to do so. Is there a particular link format or type that one should use when embedding from tableau to make link interactivity "work" more easily? We had particular issues getting interactivity on the mobile view.

Best,
Ryland

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @RylandLu,

In the past year, we have added an additional setting in the embed options to allow for customization of the embed viewing experience on mobile screens. Selecting the Live option on the Small screens should allow for interactivity in the mobile viewing experience. 

AbbyE_Esri_0-1698337644584.png

Our embed feature supports either using the Tableau URL, or the iframe if Tableau provides one. Have you tried the iframe option, and did that provide any different behavior on the mobile view for you?

--Abby

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @RylandLu,

In the past year, we have added an additional setting in the embed options to allow for customization of the embed viewing experience on mobile screens. Selecting the Live option on the Small screens should allow for interactivity in the mobile viewing experience. 

AbbyE_Esri_0-1698337644584.png

Our embed feature supports either using the Tableau URL, or the iframe if Tableau provides one. Have you tried the iframe option, and did that provide any different behavior on the mobile view for you?

--Abby

0 Kudos
RylandLu
New Contributor III

Thanks Abby,

My apologies for the delayed response. The end of the year was hectic.

The iframe versus url could be accountable for the difference. I will suggest this to my colleagues. 

Best,
Ryland