Click a point layer and see a picture

Jump to solution
01-20-2021 09:04 AM
TimSolomonson
New Contributor II

I'm trying to create a photo tour similar to the one in the link below.  My point data was collected in field maps app.  How do I get the map project or storymap structured to display an image like this:

TimSolomonson_0-1611162186559.png

https://carver.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapTour/index.html?appid=da58680409934d5e98302bf5a4a7f018#

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@TimSolomonson -- Last month, we added the ability to create a tour from a feature service with attachments (for example, a feature service generated from data collected using ArcGIS Field Maps, Survey123, or QuickCapture). For more info see What's new in ArcGIS StoryMaps (February 2021).

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

Tim,

If your images are hosted somewhere (i.e. they have a URL you can point to), then take a look at this:  https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/create-maps/configure-pop-ups.htm  Look for the "Show Images" section of the documentation.  If you enable popups on the webmap and configure it as described that should work.

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@TimSolomonson -- We've got something planned for ArcGIS StoryMaps next month that you might find useful, so stay tuned and watch our blog or Twitter feed for updates.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@TimSolomonson -- Last month, we added the ability to create a tour from a feature service with attachments (for example, a feature service generated from data collected using ArcGIS Field Maps, Survey123, or QuickCapture). For more info see What's new in ArcGIS StoryMaps (February 2021).

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

There's also a tutorial about creating data-driven map tours here: Create a data-driven map tour (arcgis.com)

Owen Evans
0 Kudos