Select to view content in your preferred language

Captions for attached photos in Map Tour StoryMap?

07-02-2024 06:16 PM
EvanThoms
Occasional Contributor II

I am using the Story Builder to make a Map Tour StoryMap. I am starting with a point feature service where a point location may have multiple attached photos. Those attached photos are showing up as expected in the map tour, but I would like to add a caption or information somewhere for each one.

When I make a map tour by starting from scratch, dragging in photos and selecting locations instead of using a feature service, for each photo that I add, there is an "Image options" icon where I can add credit attribution and alternative text,

EvanThoms_0-1719966006059.png

But for my attached photos there appears to only be a way to show attribution and alternative text based on content in a field in the feature service, which would apply to one feature, not each individual photo.

Even if attribution text could be saved for each attached photo, the character limit is 125 and I have some captions that are longer than that. Is there another capability of the new StoryMaps that I could use for individual captions or other suggestions, short of annotating each image with a caption?

0 Kudos
0 Replies