Basemap has suddenly gone blank

Jump to solution
01-27-2023 02:07 AM
RahulSagar
New Contributor

Hello,

I built a Guided Tour using StoryMaps. The basemap was sourced from the David Rumsey collection using WMTS.

For the past three months everything was working fine. I'm 3 days from launch and suddenly, the basemap has disappeared. The Guided Tour points are showing on a blank gray background.

I neither edited the basemap nor changed any settings such as permissions. All I have done in recent weeks is add points along the tour.

It was literally working in the morning and then not working in the evening. What on earth could have happened?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RahulSagar
New Contributor

Resolved. The problem was with the WMTS server. OldMaps fixed it on their end and everything is back to normal, phew. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @RahulSagar ,

I'm sorry to hear your basemap isn't appearing. Could you send a link to the story so we can see the issue in action? 

Are you able to add this basemap in other stories or web maps? I'm curious if this is an issue with the source basemap if all other components of the story are still loading as expected. 

Abby

0 Kudos
RahulSagar
New Contributor

Resolved. The problem was with the WMTS server. OldMaps fixed it on their end and everything is back to normal, phew.