All photos have a transparent colored overlay-see link below for example

Jump to solution
08-02-2022 02:42 PM
Labels (1)
MikeSampson
New Contributor II

I am new to storymaps, how do I get photos (images) without this colored overlay? See this example: https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/0c56a819cbd144d2b1f8844d26673573 

My photos don't have this overlay before I import.  How do I get rid of this overlay.  Is there a setting that needs to be changed and if so, how?  I don't want this transparent overlay. Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Mike -- I'm sorry you're having an issue with your images. This is an odd issue, and I'm not exactly sure what's going on. It could be that there is something missing in the image metadata for your images. How did you create these images or where did you get them from?

Could you try opening one of your images in whatever free image editing software you have on your computer (like Preview on Mac, or Paint or Photos on Windows), exporting or re-saving the image to a new file, and then re-adding it to your story?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

MikeSampson
New Contributor II

Tried photos from another source, problem solved. The photos creating the problem were from gopro and size reduced with Cyberlink PhotoDirector.  Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Mike -- I'm sorry you're having an issue with your images. This is an odd issue, and I'm not exactly sure what's going on. It could be that there is something missing in the image metadata for your images. How did you create these images or where did you get them from?

Could you try opening one of your images in whatever free image editing software you have on your computer (like Preview on Mac, or Paint or Photos on Windows), exporting or re-saving the image to a new file, and then re-adding it to your story?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
MikeSampson
New Contributor II

Tried photos from another source, problem solved. The photos creating the problem were from gopro and size reduced with Cyberlink PhotoDirector.  Thanks