Adding tabs in Storymaps

Jump to solution
04-21-2023 01:24 PM
AnnBensen
New Contributor II

Hello- I am creating my first storymap and having difficulty figuring out how to create tabs across the top. I have added a heading and subheading for what I want under the first tab but not finding how to create tabs. There will be a map under each subheading. I am using a template through my organization- I am unsure if that is why. Any help would be appreciated.

AnnBensen_0-1682108767460.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

No. You can fake it by using collections. Each heading would end up being its own StoryMap inside of a collection. You subheadings would then be headings w/ navigation within each separate StoryMap.

Example Collection

Create your first collection

- Jen

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

In the Design panel, toggle on Navigation. It will create links at the top to your headers. 

StoryMap Navigation

- Jen
0 Kudos
AnnBensen
New Contributor II

Thank you- Is there a way to create tabs with the subheadings under each tab for the headings? For example in my screenshot once you click Socioeconomic Status along the top have tabs for Below Poverty and Child Poverty?

0 Kudos
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

No. You can fake it by using collections. Each heading would end up being its own StoryMap inside of a collection. You subheadings would then be headings w/ navigation within each separate StoryMap.

Example Collection

Create your first collection

- Jen
WetlandMan
New Contributor III

This is certainly how I do it. Good response Jen

0 Kudos