Story Map Shortlist image size issue

03-28-2018 07:20 AM
BrendanConway2
New Contributor III

I have mentioned this issue in another idea, but wanted to put it forward with a few ideas specifically for Shortlist, which is an app I really like, although it would be better still with the following ideas:

1: It would be desirable to be able to alter the font size (and style) for name and description. On a laptop, Shortlist seems to have overcome the problem with text size to some extent, because the default font is fairly small. However, on a smaller device, the image appearance is highly variable and generally very disappointing: On clicking any of the image list or map locations, the image can often be so small it is almost invisible.  Shortlist has been in Beta for a long time now - hopefully these issues will have been addressed by the time it is in stable release.

2: With Shortlist, it would also be useful to be able to expand the image, as can be done in Map Tour.

3:  It would be great to be able to load places to Shortlist via csv files as easily as can be done with Story Map Tour.  I found a 'workaround' by importing / publishing a csv to my content, creating a web map with it then sharing it to Shortlist.  I found out what the template would need to look like by extracting the data from the web map which sits behind Shortlist.  However, this is rather convoluted and not an easy option.  

I discovered by accident that there is another Shortlist data template!  However, this seems only to allow for editing in a web map, which must then be shared as Shortlist?

3 Comments
RupertEssinger

Good points thanks.

See this FAQ for how to use existing data in a Shortlist: Esri Story Maps - FAQ 

Rupert

OwenGeo

The classic Esri Story Maps templates are in extended support (read more) and are no longer being updated with new capabilities and features. We recommend using ArcGIS StoryMaps for all storytelling projects.

If your idea is not implemented in ArcGIS StoryMaps and you would like to request it, please submit a new idea with the details of your request and how it would be useful to you and your organization.

OwenGeo
Status changed to: Closed