Greater customization options for Story Maps

08-22-2019 06:56 PM
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I was thinking it would be a great idea if more functionality could be added to story maps that are similar to the Story Map Journal and Cascade. I know that currently their is some level of customization but for those that would like to delve further into customizing the story map content, I think it would be a great addition to allow for users to create their own customization using either Html/CSS/Javascript, and other forms of web customization. I have had plenty of success with this and I think it would be a great addition if more of this kind of customization could be added. I think even a sandbox story map template would be really nice to have. I have some examples of work that I have done using this kind of customization.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/MapJournal/index.html?appid=30bcfa4e641d410289021b8093486f83

5 Comments
AntonLos

Would be great when in the new story's you can make more chapters like the series in the story map classic. In this way you can make better organized content

RPGIS
by

Actually my colleague and I found out about this app, which we think is far superior than anything they have created in the past.

ArcGIS Experience Builder 

AntonLos

Looks interesting thanks for sharing

Op 19 mrt. 2020 om 21:59 heeft Robert Phillips <geonet@esri.com> het volgende geschreven:

GeoNet, The Esri Community | GIS and Geospatial Professional Community

Greater customization options for Story Maps

new comment by Robert Phillips View all comments on this idea

Actually my colleague and I found out about this app, which we think is far superior than anything they have created in the past.

ArcGIS Experience Builder

Reply to this email to respond to Robert Phillips's comment.

Following Greater customization options for Story Maps in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by GeoNet, The Esri Community | GIS and Geospatial Professional Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from GeoNet, The Esri Community | GIS and Geospatial Professional Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

OwenGeo

We are working on a theme builder that will provide more ways to modify the appearance of stories.

OwenGeo
Status changed to: Closed

Since this idea was posted, the ArcGIS StoryMaps theme builder has been built out to provide many options for visual customization including colors, typography, basemap, logo, and more. If you have a specific idea for adding a new thing to the theme builder, please add that as a new idea so others can upvote and comment on it.

For others who are interested in the ability to customize a story via HTML and CSS, please vote for this idea: HTML and CSS code - Esri Community