Collection of collection

10-18-2021 01:24 AM
Labels (1)
VincentTanniere
New Contributor III

Hello.

I would like to adds Collections in a Collection.

For exemple, i want a landing page "General collection", with differents other collections in it : City collection, Security Collection, School Collection... 

I try a link, or an iframe, but it's not supported...

Tags (2)
2 Comments
OwenGeo
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Hi @VincentTanniere  -- Collections are not designed to go inside each other, so this is not something we are looking to support. This is mainly because the navigation experience would start to become confusing for readers if there were multiple sets of stacked navigation bars at the top of the screen.

A recommended pattern to share a set of collections is to have a web page that contains cards or a list of links that open your collections in a new tab. Of course you can work with your organization's IT and/or web design departments to build a custom web page, but there are also many alternatives available in the ArcGIS ecosystem if creating and hosting your own solution isn't feasible. 

You can use ArcGIS Hub page or Experience Builder to create a page that contains cards that link to your collections. Another great option is to use the Category Gallery instant app.

OwenGeo
Status changed to: Closed