Spatial Analyst Tool Extract Multi Values To Points: first column null

Jump to solution
10-27-2017 02:50 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello!

I have imported an .xlsx file and stored it in my geodatabase as layer.

The Tool "Extract Multi Values To Points" works on it but in the attribute table of the result the first column (e.g. "Name") gets the value <null>. In the original data it contains the name of each point.

Has someone a solution for this problem?

Thank You!

Nils

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now it works: The column Shape * was on the right end of the attribute table of my point featureclass. However if I put it next to OBJECTID* in the front I don't have the problem...

View solution in original post

6 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

The Name field of the featureclass created with (probably from XY events) does contain values in the Name field (so the input featureclass you used in the extract multi values to points tool)?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes. After I use the tool the values are deleted and contain <null>. I also tried with .csv as XY-Data and always the first column of the attribute table is set to null.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Question: after creating the XY events did you export the layer into a featureclass (preferably a featureclass in a File Geodatabase)?

Exporting features—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes the same where the raster files are saved.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Would it be possble to share the FGDB? I have used Extract Multi Values to Points many times and never had this type of problem. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now it works: The column Shape * was on the right end of the attribute table of my point featureclass. However if I put it next to OBJECTID* in the front I don't have the problem...