Overlay raster not selectable when counting raster values in polygons

08-14-2019 10:13 PM
France
by
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'd like to get a count of raster values in each polygon and I'm using ArcMap 10.3.1.  I looked into both Tabulate Area and Zonal Statistics but can't seem to get either working.  After reading about both, Tabulate Area is more of what I'm looking for even though Zonal Statistics displays my target raster but it doesn't t list "Variety" as an option.

I have a raster that was generated from Fuzzy Overlay 'AND' (OverlayWeighted1) and a polygon shapefile of zip codes (ZipCodes selection) and want to count how many times each raster value occurs in each zip code polygon, example: zip code polygon 92104 has 2 unique raster values, 0.89 and 0.82, and there are 22 cells with 0.89 and 11 cells with 0.82. 

The problem seems to be that OverlayWeighted1 raster isn't appearing as a selectable layer when I use Tabulate Area (the other rasters that made OverlayWeighted1 are in the select list).  To check, I used "Identify" with Identify from = <Selectable layers> and OverlayWeighted1 raster values don't appear in the results.  With Identify from = <Visible layers>, OverlayWeighted1 raster values do appear in the results.  

I want to use OverlayWeighted1 because it is an 'AND' of the other rasters and it is the 'AND' raster values I want to count.

Question: why isn't OverlayWeighted1 raster a selectable layer and how do I get to it to become one so that I can use Tabulate Area?

Many many thanks in advance,

Frances

0 Kudos
0 Replies