Select to view content in your preferred language

when an AOI is close to another but not overlapping, WMX does not allow the creation

01-23-2014 02:40 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: diegollamas

Hi I have some question, I hope someone can answer it MWX 10.2

A. AOI definition issue

Our repository is configured so AOI are not allowed to overlap, so we set the systems�?? settings as shown [ATTACH=CONFIG]30758[/ATTACH] The problem is that when an AOI is close enough to another, but not overlapping, WMX does not allow the creation of it because for some reason still believed an overlap occurs.  In the following example the existing AOI is shown in blue outline and the new one to be created in red. [ATTACH=CONFIG]30759[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]30760[/ATTACH]

Even making obvious the separation between AOIs the issue occurs.[ATTACH=CONFIG]30761[/ATTACH]
So, my question is, WMX 10.2 has some kind of restriction with the tolerance value? if a tolerance value exist, can I modify it?

B. Unable to edit an existing AOI
After the initial definition of an AOI, if a user needs to modify the AOI for some reason and re-run the step, WMX do not allow this action because the system believed there is an overlap [ATTACH=CONFIG]30762[/ATTACH] Users were granted ManageAOI privilege (User can modify the Area of Interest on a job.) so they should be able to modify their job�??s corresponding AOI as in the previous version of the software.  The privilege AOIOverlapOverride allow the user to modify the AOI but this is not desired because it will allow to create an AOI regardless any other existing AOI. How Can I solve this issue?

Thanks,

Diego Llamas
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TopeBello
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,

I have logged a bug for these issues, for "A" there should be a fix in 10.2.2 release. However, issue "B" would be available in a later release in the year.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks,
Tope
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have logged a bug for these issues, for "A" there should be a fix in 10.2.2 release. However, issue "B" would be available in a later release in the year.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks,
Tope

Hi,

Could you give me the ID's: NIM of the bug or the link to look for it.

Thank you very much for this information.

Diego Llamas
0 Kudos
TopeBello
Occasional Contributor III
Here are the ID's for the 2 issues you reported -

NIM095658 - For the first one where there seems to be "tolerance" between the AOI
TFS33078 - For the second one, I just logged it in our internal system so there is no "external" ID that you can use to track status.

Thanks
Tope
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here are the ID's for the 2 issues you reported -

NIM095658 - For the first one where there seems to be "tolerance" between the AOI
TFS33078 - For the second one, I just logged it in our internal system so there is no "external" ID that you can use to track status.

Thanks
Tope

Thank you for your help Tome. Have a nice day!
0 Kudos