Select to view content in your preferred language

Updating the % of completion of a step in a workflow,

08-26-2013 08:15 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Updating the % of completion of a step in a workflow,

I�??m wondering if there is a way to update the % of completion of a step in a workflow (screenshot below). I tried the documents of the help (tuning some settings in the workflow manager administrator) but sounds not to work.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26978[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]26979[/ATTACH]

How this issue can be resolve?

Thank you

Best

Jamal
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Jamal,

When you define the Completion percentage in the Workflow Administrator on a step (eg. 20%) it is saying: when this step is complete in the workflow the job is 20% complete. So after that step is executed it should read 20% in the % Complete part of Job Status in the Workflow Manager Client app.

Your screenshot with the question mark showed that you hadn't defined the % in the administrator for that step. In the Client, those values are read only as they are defined when the workflow is authored.

To mark the progress of a step on its own while executing the workflow in the Workflow Manager Client app you use the Change Current Step Percentage icon on the Workflow Canvas. Which I think is what you were looking for.

Thanks,
Michael
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Jamal432@gmail.com

Hi Jamal,

When you define the Completion percentage in the Workflow Administrator on a step (eg. 20%) it is saying: when this step is complete in the workflow the job is 20% complete. So after that step is executed it should read 20% in the % Complete part of Job Status in the Workflow Manager Client app.

Your screenshot with the question mark showed that you hadn't defined the % in the administrator for that step. In the Client, those values are read only as they are defined when the workflow is authored.

To mark the progress of a step on its own while executing the workflow in the Workflow Manager Client app you use the Change Current Step Percentage icon on the Workflow Canvas. Which I think is what you were looking for.

Thanks,
Michael

Thank you very much Michael for the help. The answer you have provided is very useful.

I�??ll be trying it and see if it works for me.

Best

Jamal
0 Kudos