Select to view content in your preferred language

My Neighborhood Services solution failing to return results

806
3
Jump to solution
10-28-2021 02:41 PM
OzeDoze12
New Contributor

Hi everyone, 

I just configured the My Neighborhood Services solution for my organization but no matter where or how I search, no results are returned in the Locate Services widget.  I configured the Locate Services widget to search through several of our hosted feature layers (the same layers which are in the associated map) but otherwise I did not change much else in the widget's settings.  I've tried with and without search fields.  The search radius draws in the map and does seem to encompass multiple service points, but the widget only returns the following message:  "Check search source layer's visibility in the Layer List widget to view the result."  However, all of the layers are checked on in the Layer List widget configuration and are also turned on in the map. Some images showing the widget configurations and the message returned are attached.

Any advice for how to fix this would be much appreciated. 

Thanks and have an awesome day!

 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello @OzeDoze12 

Based on the screenshots you provided I would guess that your error is because you have not configured the fields or the layers to be searchable.  Make sure you have all the options for the search turned on in the layer list configuration and also the fields chosen for each layer in the locate services configuration.

Amanda Bishop, GISP

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello @OzeDoze12 

Based on the screenshots you provided I would guess that your error is because you have not configured the fields or the layers to be searchable.  Make sure you have all the options for the search turned on in the layer list configuration and also the fields chosen for each layer in the locate services configuration.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
OzeDoze12
New Contributor

Hi @ABishop 

Thank you very much for your reply.  I did indeed have to set the layers as search layers in the Search Settings tab of the Locate Services widget.  I thought the Search Source Settings tab was where the layer search was configured to allow users to search resources near them, but it looks like that has to be configured in the Search Settings tab while the Search Source Settings tab is for keyword search or address search.  Not intuitive but oh well.  It works like a charm now.  Thanks for helping me out! 

-Olivia 

ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello @OzeDoze12 

You are very welcome!  I am glad I could help and it worked out for you!

Amanda

Amanda Bishop, GISP