Select to view content in your preferred language

Map not Showing in Report

11-09-2011 11:19 AM
MattStellon
New Contributor
Hi,

I'm fairly new to Business Analyst. I created a custom report based on a trade area.  The report runs without error and the fields the I selected show up just fine.  However, a map never shows up in the report.  I tried using standard reports also and still no map. 

Does anyone know why a map image is not showing up?

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi,

I'm fairly new to Business Analyst. I created a custom report based on a trade area.  The report runs without error and the fields the I selected show up just fine.  However, a map never shows up in the report.  I tried using standard reports also and still no map. 

Does anyone know why a map image is not showing up?

Thanks for your help.

Which custom report template are you working with?
0 Kudos
MattStellon
New Contributor
Which custom report template are you working with?

I am using the Area Brief Report Template.  I can see the placeholder for the map image in the template but when I run the report no map is added.
0 Kudos
JeffHincy
Esri Alum
I am using the Area Brief Report Template.  I can see the placeholder for the map image in the template but when I run the report no map is added.

Can you preview it in the Advanced Editor and see the map insert?  If not I would try removing the map completely and then insert a new section below your data/variable section.  Then add in a table (right mouse click in the left margin and click Insert Table) to that new section with one row and 3 columns and select the center cell and click Map Image from the main menu.  Keep in mind that each section doesnt represent a page so depending on how much room you have in your page you will need to resize it and preview it to make sure you can see it and run it again. 

You may need to insert a page break after the map section so you dont have a blank page after the map and you do that by right mouse clicking the left margin again and selecting Section Properties and choose insert page break after section.

Regards,

Jeff
0 Kudos
MattStellon
New Contributor
Can you preview it in the Advanced Editor and see the map insert?  If not I would try removing the map completely and then insert a new section below your data/variable section.  Then add in a table (right mouse click in the left margin and click Insert Table) to that new section with one row and 3 columns and select the center cell and click Map Image from the main menu.  Keep in mind that each section doesnt represent a page so depending on how much room you have in your page you will need to resize it and preview it to make sure you can see it and run it again. 

You may need to insert a page break after the map section so you dont have a blank page after the map and you do that by right mouse clicking the left margin again and selecting Section Properties and choose insert page break after section.

Regards,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. 

I tried what you suggested but I still don't have map images in my report.  I can see the map when I preview the report just not when it runs. 

I've attached screen shots of my template and actual report.  I am doing a very very simple report just to see if I can get the map to show up.
0 Kudos
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Matt,

If you are still seeing this issue I'd probably advise logging an incident with technical support so it could be properly investigated.

Regards,

Jason
0 Kudos