Is it possible to deploy ESRI's Lead Service Line Inventory solution wtihout Enterprise?

02-14-2023 10:32 AM
SaranehFitzgeraldWP
New Contributor II

Or if it's possible to access their lead service line inventory without an Enterprise license

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bsanders69
Occasional Contributor
There is a newer release for ArcGIS Online that includes the public notification and an extra dashboard component.
0 Kudos
SaranehFitzgeraldWP
New Contributor II

Thanks! I downloaded the LeadServiceLineInventory project for ArcGIS Pro and it came with empty geodatabases and a layer added with the Lost Data Source symbol (!).

Isn't there supposed to be data in the lead service line inventory already?

0 Kudos
HowardCrothers
Esri Contributor

Lead Service Line Inventory doesn't store data in a geodatabase, it uses hosted feature layers in either ArcGIS Online or an ArcGIS Enterprise Portal depending on where you deployed from.  The data source for the ArcGIS Pro project should point back to the hosted feature layers that were deployed to either online or enterprise.  The feature services deploy empty, there is no sample data, so you can immediately start adding your own data.

bsanders69
Occasional Contributor

There is a Document that comes with the Solution for Enterprise that tells you what to do with the 3 Feature layers that come with the solution.  One issue right off the bat is that those 3 Feature Layers are projected to Naperville State Plane Projection.  You need to set the projections on the new feature services to match your current projection.  The Document talks about opening a map in the project and the Feature Layer is in that map with a broken data source, but again, in order to correct that broken link to a feature service (See Document) their projections need to be the same.  The only way I know how to do that is to Create a Layer of the Utility Side | Customer side in your contents, export to Feature Class, set correct Spatial Reference of the Layer in Pro and overwrite the Feature Layers.  When installing the Solution, it asks for the WKID of your projection with the hopes that that will fix this issue and set all projections correctly, but I got no errors on install, gave it WKID 2881 (State Plane NAD 83 HARN Florida East (US Feet)), but everything is still in the magical land of Naperville.