Select to view content in your preferred language

Address Data Management - Swap Parity Tool switches parity on all roads if layer is duplicated in the TOC

Jump to solution
03-22-2022 10:29 AM
CochranBob
New Contributor II

I found an error with this tool if you are trying to switch parity on a road layer and you have the road layer in the map twice with the same name in the table of contents. This will make it switch parity on all roads. 

I found this out because I often add the same layer to a map multiple times and just symbolize it differently. If they are named differently, it is not a problem even if they point at the same layer. 

CochranBob_0-1647970004441.jpeg

Has anybody resolved this yet?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

The Swap Parity tool like other gp tools honors the selection set on a layer. If you have multiple layers in the map with the same name you are likely selecting the layer with no selection and as a result is running for all roads in the layer. The easiest fix would be to give them unique names. Alternatively, you can drag/drop the layer from the Contents pane into the parameter of the gp tool, this will ensure you are selecting the correct layer from the map.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

The Swap Parity tool like other gp tools honors the selection set on a layer. If you have multiple layers in the map with the same name you are likely selecting the layer with no selection and as a result is running for all roads in the layer. The easiest fix would be to give them unique names. Alternatively, you can drag/drop the layer from the Contents pane into the parameter of the gp tool, this will ensure you are selecting the correct layer from the map.

0 Kudos